- 1 Update to iOS 11.1.2
- 2 iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Firmware Direct Download Links
- 22.214.171.124 iPhone X
- 126.96.36.199 iPhone 8
- 188.8.131.52 iPhone 8 Plus
- 184.108.40.206 iPhone 7
- 220.127.116.11 iPhone 7 Plus
- 18.104.22.168 iPhone 6s
- 22.214.171.124 Phone 6
- 126.96.36.199 iPhone 6s Plus
- 188.8.131.52 Phone 6 Plus
- 184.108.40.206 iPhone SE
- 220.127.116.11 iPhone 5s
- 18.104.22.168 iPad Pro 10.5-inch model
- 22.214.171.124 iPad Pro 9.7‑inch model
- 126.96.36.199 iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- 188.8.131.52 iPad 9.7-inch 2017 model (Air 3?)
- 184.108.40.206 iPad Air 2
- 220.127.116.11 iPad Air 1
- 18.104.22.168 iPad mini 4
- 22.214.171.124 iPad mini 3
- 126.96.36.199 Pad mini 2
- 188.8.131.52 iPod touch 6th generation model
- 3 iOS 11.1.2 Release Notes
This minor update fixes a flaw that could cause the iPhone X screen to become unresponsive in the cold, and one other bug.
Last week, we mentioned reports that the iPhone X touch screen could become unresponsive in very cold weather. Apple said it was aware of the problem, uncommon as it was, and would issue a fix in software.
Today, the company makes good on its promise with iOS 11.1.2. It fixes two bugs. From the release notes:
- Fixes an issue where the iPhone X screen becomes temporarily unresponsive to touch after a rapid temperature drop.
- Addresses an issue that could cause distortion in Live Photos and videos captured with iPhone X.
Apple has released iOS 11.1.2 for iPhone and iPad users. The small point release software update appears to primarily focus on solving two particular issues with iPhone X, including a problem where the iPhone X screen becomes unresponsive in cold weather, and with distorted video capture on iPhone X.
Despite the software update release notes primarily mentioning iPhone X, iOS 11.1.2 is available for other devices as well. You can find IPSW download links below, along with the release notes of the update.
Update to iOS 11.1.2
The easiest way to update to iOS 11.1.2 is through the Software Update mechanism on the iPhone or iPad. Always backup an iPhone or iPad before installing any system software update.
- Open the “Settings” app and go to “General” and then to Software Update”
- When iOS 11.1.2 appears, choose to “Download and Install”
The update is about 32mb for iPad devices, and 60mb for iPhone X.
You can also update an iOS device by connecting the iPhone or iPad to a computer running a modern version of iTunes, and then choosing to install the software update when it becomes visible in iTunes.
iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Firmware Direct Download Links
Users can choose to download IPSW firmware files for their devices and update manually through iTunes if interested. This is generally considered more advanced, but you can learn about using IPSW files here if need be.
iOS 11.1.2 Release Notes
Notes accompanying the download for iOS 11.1.2 are as follows:
iOS 11.1.2 includes bug fixes for your iPhone and iPad. This update:
-Fixes an issue where the iPhone X screen becomes temporarily unresponsive to touch after a rapid temperature drop
– Addresses an issue that could cause distortion in Live Photos and videos captured with iPhone X
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Presumably the software update includes bug fixes or security enhancements for other devices as well, otherwise it’s a bit of a mystery why iPhone X specific updates would arrive for iPad users and other iPhone models too.