How to Hard Reset your iPhone 4s – A User Guide
Sometimes your phone gets too laggy to be usable and you just want it back to the state when it was new; or you just forgot your password. In the case on an iPhone 4s, you hard reset it.
Here’s how you can hard reset your iPhone 4s.
CONNECT IPHONE TO ITUNES
- Before hard resetting your iPhone 4s, prepare the following:
- computer (desktop or a laptop) with iTunes installed in it
- USB cable
- Connect your iPhone 4s to the computer while still powered on.
TURN OFF THE IPHONE
- Turn off your iPhone 4s completely while connected to the computer.
ENTER RECOVERY MODE
- Press and hold both the HOME and the POWER buttons for 10 seconds.
IMPORTANT: RELEASE BUTTONS
- If you see the iTunes logo with the lightning connector below it release the POWER button.
- Continue holding the HOME button until you see a confirmation on your computer that your iPhone was detected in Recovery Mode.
- Release HOME button when dialogue box for Recovery appears on your computer.
CONFIRM DIALOGUE BOX
- Confirm the dialogue box that you see on your computer and wait while iTunes restores your iPhone 4s.
- IMPORTANT: Be careful not to disconnect the iPhone while the operation is running. Make sure that the computer is fully charged or plugged in to a backup power source to prevent further damage due to interrupted reformatting.
SET UP YOUR IPHONE
- When reformatting and resetting was successfully completed, set up your iPhone 4s using SET UP AS NEW IPHONE.
- Safely remove your iPhone 4s from your computer when setup is complete.
Let the Sydney CBD Repair Centre Team help you reset your iPhone 4s! We specialize in Screen Replacement services.
Click here to contact us.
You are welcome to drop by our shop! We are at