Huawei Mate 9 FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Are you a planning to get a Huawei Mate 9 or currently own one? Do you have any questions about it? Here’s Sydney CBD Repair Team answering those queries.
Do USB headsets support calling, recording, and voice chat?
Calling is not supported. Voice chat, video, games, and other multi-media apps are supported.
Why does the headset icon display when I haven’t plugged in the headset?
- Take out the headset cable and reinsert it. Check whether the headset icon displays normally.
- Restart your phone and try again.
- If your headset jack has been exposed to liquid, dampness, or dust, this may affect the function of the headset jack. Please back up your data and take your phone with its receipt to a Huawei authorized service center for repair.
Why does the fingerprint sensor is unresponsive or fails to recognize my fingerprint?
- You touched the sensor while charging your phone with a third-party charger.
- There is dirt or grease on the fingerprint sensor.
- Your finger is too dry, or your skin is peeling or damaged.
- You placed your fingernail on the fingerprint sensor.
- Use the charger that came with your phone to ensure that the fingerprint sensor works properly when your phone is charging.
- Keep your fingers clean to ensure that the fingerprint sensor can recognize your fingerprint.
- You may need to apply more pressure during cold weather. If the fingerprint sensor still fails to recognize your fingerprint, try blowing onto your fingers, or washing your hands and then wiping them dry.
- Try using another finger and prevent your skin from becoming too dry, as this may affect recognition accuracy.
- Remove, then re-add your fingerprint, ensuring that you record different parts of your finger to improve recognition accuracy.
- Ensure that your finger covers as much of the fingerprint sensor as possible.
Where is the NFC sensor on my phone?
Your phone’s NFC sensor is located above the rear camera. When scanning a card, place the center of the card against the NFC sensor. When making NFC payments, align the NFC sensor with the payment terminal.
Can I use my phone to make NFC payments?
- SIM card payments : Use an NFC-enabled SIM card to make payments in shops and on public transport. Contact your carrier for details.
- Host-based Card Emulation (HCE) payments : Use your phone as a virtual bank card to make secure, contactless payments in-store.
Why doesn’t the screen turn on when I receive new messages?
To protect your privacy and avoid the screen turning on too often and influencing the system standby time, the current system default is set as follows: When the screen is off and new messages are received, an alert will appear and the status indicator will flash according to your ringtone and vibration settings, but the screen will not turn on.
Use the following steps to set the screen to turn on:
Go to settings > Screen lock & passwords > Screen lock style , and then set your phone to Magazine unlock . In Notification & status bar , turn on the Notifications turn on screen switch, so that your screen will automatically turn on when you receive notifications.
Huawei Screen Replacement
Sydney CBD Repair Team is the best when it comes to Huawei replacement and repair. Did you drop your Huawei and just cracked the screen? Come and visit Sydney CBD Repair Centre. Have your broken Huawei repaired in a matter of minutes for half the price.
Why does the screen brightness increase when I use the front camera?
If the Flash mode is set to auto, your phone will increase the screen brightness when you use the front camera in dim surroundings.
Increasing the screen brightness helps to produce a brighter image. The screen will remain bright until you take a photo, or until you move to brighter surroundings.
Why is the ringtone coming from both the receiver and the speaker?
This is because your phone supports stereo sound where the sound comes from both the speaker and receiver.
What is the advantage of using a USB Type-C port and how is it different to a micro-USB port?
Advantages of a USB Type-C port
- A USB Type-C port is reversible so that you can plug it in either way.
- A USB Type-C port can transmit at a higher speed and supports 4K video transmission of 3.1 function ports.
- A USB Type-C port can support a larger current, satisfying 3 A to 5 A charging, and support power supply to computers with a PD function data cable.
- A USB Type-C port has better safety and is structurally more refined and reliable.
Will I receive an alert for using fast charging?
Yes. You will receive an alert.
When your phone starts fast charging, the lock screen displays a fast charging text alert. The status bar also displays a fast charging icon.