LG G4 Manual
Get to know your very own LG G4 with the help of Sydney CBD Repair Team. Read the manual to get the most out of your smartphone.
The Gesture shot feature allows you to take a picture with a hand gesture using the front camera.
To take photo
There are two methods for using the Gesture shot feature.
• Raise your hand, with an open palm, until the front camera detects it and a box appears on the screen. Then close your hand into a fist to start the timer, allowing you time to get ready.
• Raise your hand, in a clenched fist, until the front camera detects it and a box appears on the screen. Then unclench your fist to start the timer, allowing you time to get ready.
TIP! Interval shot
If you make a fist twice or touch and hold shutter, the camera consecutively takes 4 photos at a time.
You can use high-speed Internet access while within the coverage of the wireless access point (AP).
Connecting to Wi-Fi networks
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Settings > Networks tab > Wi-Fi.
2. Tap switch to turn Wi-Fi on and start scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
3. Tap a network to connect to it.
• If the network is secured with a lock icon, you will need to enter a security key or password.
• The Status bar displays icons that indicate Wi-Fi status.
• If you are out of the Wi-Fi zone or have set Wi-Fi to Off, the device may automatically connect to the Web using mobile data, which may incur data charges.
TIP! How to obtain the phone’s MAC address
Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Settings > Networks tab > Wi-Fi > > Advanced Wi-Fi > MAC address.
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Settings > Networks tab > Bluetooth.
2. Tap switch to turn Bluetooth on.
3. Tap SEARCH to view the visible devices in range.
4. Choose the device you want to pair with from the list and follow any subsequent instructions to complete pairing. Once the paring is successful, your phone connects to the other device.
NOTE: Some devices, especially headsets or hands-free car kits, may have a default Bluetooth PIN, such as 0000.
Making a call
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Dialer to open the dialer.
2. Enter the number using the dialer. To delete a digit, tap backspace.
3. After entering the desired number, tap call icon to place the call.
4. To end the call, tap hang up icon.
Calling your contacts
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Contacts to open your contacts.
2. Scroll through the contact list. You can also enter the contact’s name in the Search field or scroll along the alphabet letters on the right edge of the screen.
3. To place the call, tap green phone icon next to the contact you want to call.
Answering and rejecting a call
When you receive a call, swipe green phone icon in any direction to answer the call.
Swipe red phone icon in any direction to decline the call.
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Dialer and enter the new contact’s number.
2. Tap more settings > Add to Contacts.
3. If you want to add a picture to the new contact, tap the image icon. Choose Take photo or Select from Gallery.
4. Enter the desired information for the contact.
5. Tap SAVE.
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Messaging > Plus icon to create a new message.
2. Enter a contact name or contact number into the To fi eld. As you enter the contact name, matching contacts appear. You can tap a suggested recipient and add more than one contact.
NOTE: You may be charged for each text message you send. Please consult with your service provider.
3. Tap the text fi eld and begin composing your message.
4. Tap to open the messaging options.
TIP! You can tap to attach a file that you want to share.
5. Tap Send to send your message.
• The 160-character limit may vary from country to country, depending on the language and how the text message is coded.
• If an image, video or audio file is added to a text message, it is automatically converted into a multimedia message and you may be charged accordingly.
1. While in the Email application, tap the plus icon to create a new email.
2. Enter an address for the message’s intended recipient. As you enter text, matching addresses will be proposed from your Contacts. Separate multiple addresses using semicolons.
3. Tap the Cc/Bcc fi eld to copy contacts or tap paper clip icon to attach fi les, if required.
4. Enter the email’s text.
5. Tap send to send the email.
1. Open the Camera application and point the lens toward the subject you want to photograph.
2. Focus indicators will appear in the center of the viewfi nder screen. You can also tap anywhere on the screen to focus on that spot.
3. When the focus indicators turn green, the camera has focused on your subject.
4. Tap shutter to capture the photo.
1. Open the Camera application and point the lens toward the subject you want to capture in your video.
2. Tap video camera icon once to start recording.
NOTE: The timer will be displayed on the screen.
3. Tap stop to stop recording.
Shutter icon – Tap to capture a screen shot while recording a video.
Pause icon – Tap to pause the recording.
Your phone has a music player that lets you play all your favorite tracks. To access the music player, tap Home icon > App Drawer > Music.
Playing a song
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Music .
2. Tap the Songs tab.
3. Select the song you want to play.
4. The following options are available.
Use the Clock app to access the Alarms, Timer, World clock and Stopwatch functions. Access these functions by tapping the tabs across the top of the screen or swiping horizontally across the screen.
To access the Clock app, tap Home icon > App Drawer > Clock.
The Alarms tab allows you to set alarms.
1. Open the Clock app, then select the Alarms tab.
2. Tap plus icon to add a new alarm.
3. Adjust the settings as necessary and tap SAVE.
NOTE: You can also tap an existing alarm to edit it.
The Timer can alert you with an audible signal when a set amount of time has passed.
1. Open the Clock app, then select the Timer tab.
2. Set the desired time on the timer.
3. Tap Start to start the timer.
4. Tap Stop to stop the timer.
The World clock allows you to easily check the current time in other cities around the world.
1. Open the Clock app, then select the World clock tab.
2. Tap plus icon and select the desired city.
The Stopwatch feature allows you to use your phone as a stopwatch.
1. Open the Clock app, then select the Stopwatch tab.
2. Tap Start to initiate the stopwatch.
NOTE: Tap Lap to record lap times.
3. Tap Stop to stop the stopwatch.
NOTE: To reset the stopwatch, tap the Reset button. You can also tap the Resume button to resume the stopwatch.
The Calculator app allows you to perform mathematical calculations using a standard calculator or a scientific calculator.
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Calculator.
2. Tap the number keys to enter numbers.
3. For simple calculations, tap the function you want to perform (+, –, x or ÷) followed by =.
4. For more complex calculations, tap more settings > Scientific calculator and select the
NOTE: To check the history of calculations, tap more settings > Calculation history.
The Calendar app allows you to track your schedule of events.
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Calendar.
2. Tap the date you want to add an event to. Then tap plus icon.
3. Enter the event details and tap SAVE to save the event.