How to Hard Reset your Google Pixel XL – A User Guide
When on times that you just wanna revert from the start because you installed some apps and it messed up your Google Pixel XL, you hard reset it.
Here’s how you can hard reset your Google Pixel XL.
TURN OFF YOUR GOOGLE PIXEL XL
- Turn off your device and wait for 30 seconds for the power to fully drain out the phone.
Enter Recovery Mode
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power Button until you see a menu
- Now scroll and select Recovery Mode with Volume Down key
- Now select Recovery Mode and press Volume UP key to Enter Recovery Mode
- You can now see the Android logo
WIPE DATA, FACTORY RESET
- Now select Wipe data/factory reset with Volume down and press Volume UP key to Confirm
- Now select Yes — Delete all user data and press Volume UP to confirm
WIPE CACHE PARTITION
- Now select wipe cache partition and select YES to confirm
- Now select Reboot to complete hard reset process and reboot your device
SET UP YOUR PHONE
- After hard resetting your Google Pixel XL, you will need to set it up again.