Xiaomi Mi Band 2 was a fast bestseller
Xiaomi have done it again. Producing a very good product for a very low low price. With the case of the new Xiaomi Mi Band 2, it’s sold out within minutes.
The new Mi Band is here. The Mi Band 2 is the best and feature packed fitness tracker by Xiaomi for a very inexpensive price tag went on sale on Mi.com today. Unsurprisingly, the fitness band was sold out withing minutes of the first sale. The number of how many were stocked and sold are undisclosed but considering the popularity and price of this device, it would come as no surprise. All that can be inferred from this is it could be a lot of Mi Bands sold.
This was the fourth iteration of the Mi Band series and the second to go on sale in China. The IDC even reported that the first generation of Mi Band was a hit in the Chinese market that it was considered the most shipped wearable in the world.
Mi Band 2 features include the following:
- it has an OLED display with touch button right up front
- improved pedometer algorithm
- improved heart rate sensor at the back
- customizable screen for various displayed information
- tracks steps, heart rate, sleep conditions
- can give notification from selected apps in your smartphone
- can unlock your smartphone
- IP67 rating for water and dust resistance
The fitness band was announced during a recent Xiaomi event in New Delhi, and the launch comes months after the fitness band went on sale in China.