Need to convert a Numbers file to an Excel spreadsheet file from iPad or iPhone? This is a common task for many work and educational environments where Excel is commonly used, and fortunately this process is easy to accomplish thanks to the Numbers app Export features.
How to Convert a Numbers File to Excel File on iPhone & iPad
- Open the Numbers app on iPad or iPhone, then open the Numbers file or spreadsheet document you wish to convert
- Tap on the (…) three dots button in the top right corner of the screen
- Select on “Export” from the menu
- Choose to export the file as “Excel” from the export options
- Select the method you wish to save or share the converted Excel file as: save to Files app, iCloud Drive, send with AirDrop, send with Email, share with Messages, etc
- Repeat this process with other Numbers files to convert them to Excel files as needed
Note that if you share the file directly from the Numbers app, say by exporting it as an Excel document and emailing it to someone, the original file will stay in the Numbers app in the Numbers file format. If you want to have physical access to an Excel file on iPad or iPhone, you’ll need to save it locally to the Files app or to iCloud Drive.
As mentioned earlier, if you’re on a Macintosh then you can also convert Numbers files to Excel spreadsheets in Mac OS too using a similar export process. You can even use iCloud.com to convert these documents too, but that’s a topic for another article entirely.