LG G2 Manual
Get to know your very own LG G2 with the help of Sydney CBD Repair Team. Read the manual to get the most out of your smartphone.
Before you start exploring your new phone, you may choose to insert the micro-USIM card.
The eject button is a small round aperture just above the tray door. To install a new micro-USIM card:
1. Insert the micro-USIM ejection tool that comes with the phone (or a thin pin) into the eject button aperture, and push gently but firmly until the tray pops out.
2. Remove the tray and place the micro-USIM card inside it, with the contacts out and the angled corner to the right. There is only one possible way to fit the card snugly into the tray.
3. Carefully reposition the tray in the slot and push it gently back into the phone.
NOTE: Make sure the gold contact area on the card is facing downwards.
Charge the battery before using it for the first time. Use the charger to charge the battery. A computer can be also used to charge the device by connecting them via the USB cable.
Use only LG-approved chargers, batteries and cables. If you use unapproved chargers, batteries or cables, it may cause battery charging delay or pop up the message regarding slow charging, Or this can cause the battery to explode or damage the device, which are not covered by the warranty.
The charger connector is at the bottom of the phone. Insert the charger and plug it into an electrical outlet.
• The battery must be fully charged initially to improve battery lifetime.
• Do not open the back cover while your phone is charging.
1. Tap Home icon > Apps tab > Settings > Networks tab > Wi-Fi.
2. Set Wi-Fi to ON to turn it on and start scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
3. Tap the Wi-Fi menu again to see a list of active and in-range Wi-Fi networks.
• Secured networks are indicated by a lock icon.
4. Tap a network to connect to it.
• If the network is secured, you are prompted to enter a password or other
credentials. (Ask your network administrator for details)
5. The status bar displays icons that indicate Wi-Fi status.
You must pair your device with another device before you connect to it.
1. Tap Home icon > Apps tab > Settings > Networks tab > set Bluetooth to ON.
2. Tap the Bluetooth menu again. You will see the option to make your phone visible and option to search devices. Now tap Search for devices to view the devices in the Bluetooth Range.
3. Choose the device you want to pair with from the list.
Once the paring is successful, your device will connect to the other device.
NOTE: Some devices, especially headsets or hands-free car kits, may have a fixed Bluetooth PIN, such as 0000. If the other device has a PIN, you will be asked to enter it.
1. Tap Dialer to open the keypad.
2. Enter the number using the keypad. To delete a digit, tap the backspace.
3. Tap Dial to make a call.
4. To end a call, tap the End icon.
1. Tap Dialer, enter the new contact’s number, then tap the Menu key . Tap Add to Contacts > New contact.
2. If you want to add a picture to the new contact, tap the image area. Choose from Take photo or Select from Gallery.
3. Select the contact type by tapping more icon.
4. Tap a category of contact information and enter the details about your contact.
5. Tap Save.
1. Tap Messaging on the Home screen and tap New to open a blank message.
2. Enter a contact name or contact number in the To field. As you enter the contact name, matching contacts will appear. You can tap a suggested recipient. You can add more than one contact.
NOTE: You will be charged for a text message for every person to whom you send the message.
3. Tap the Enter message field and begin composing your message.
4. Tap Options to open the Options menu. Choose from Quick message, Insert smiley, Schedule sending, Add subject and Discard.
TIP! You can tap the paper clip icon to attach the file, that you want to share with message.
5. Tap Send to send your message.
6. Responses will appear on the screen. As you view and send additional messages, a message thread is created.
• The 160-character limit may vary from country to country, depending on the language and how the SMS is coded.
• If an image, video or audio file is added to an SMS message, it is automatically converted into an MMS message and you are charged accordingly.
To compose and send a message
1 While in the E-mail application, tap the New Email.
2 Enter an address for the message’s intended recipient. As you enter text, matching addresses will be proposed from your Contacts. Separate multiple addresses using semicolons.
3 Tap the Options icon to add a Cc/Bcc and tap the paper clip icon to attach files, if required.
4 Enter the text of the message.
5 Tap send icon.
TIP! When a new email arrives in your Inbox, you will be notified by a sound or vibration.
1. Open the Camera application and point the lens toward the subject your want to photograph.
2. Focus boxes will appear in the center of the viewfinder screen. You can also tap anywhere on the screen to focus on that spot.
3. When the focus box turns green, the camera has focused on your subject.
4. Tap shutter button to capture the photo.
1. Open the Camera application and slide the Video mode button.
2. The video camera viewfinder appears on the screen.
3. Holding the phone, point the lens towards the subject you wish to capture in your video.
4. Tap once to start recording.
5. A red light will appear at the top left corner of the viewfinder with a timer showing the length of the video.
6. Tap stop recording on the screen to stop recording.
1. Tap Home icon > Apps tab > Calculator.
2. Tap the number keys to enter numbers.
3. For simple calculations, tap the function you want to perform (+, –, x or ÷) followed by =.
4. For more complex calculations, slide the left then choose sin, cos, tan, log etc.
5. To check the history, tap the icon drop down arrow.
Use the voice recorder to record voice memos or other audio files.
Recording a sound or voice
1. Tap Home icon > App Drawer > Voice Recorder.
2. Tap record icon to begin recording.
3. Tap stop icon to end the recording.
4. Tap play to listen to the recording.
NOTE: Tap options to access your album. You can listen to the saved recording. The available recording time may differ from actual recording time.
1. Tap Home icon > Apps tab > Alarm/Clock > Plus icon.
2. After you set the alarm, your phone lets you know how much time is left before the alarm will go off.
3. Set Repeat, Snooze duration, Vibration, Alarm sound, Alarm volume, Auto app starter, Puzzle lock and Memo. Tap Save.