LG Google Nexus 5 Manual
Get to know your very own LG Google Nexus 5 with the help of Sydney CBD Repair Team. Read the manual to get the most out of your smartphone.
Set Up Your Phone
You must first charge your phone.
1. Charge your phone.
– Connect the charging adapter and USB cable as shown; the LG logo on the charging adapter should face toward you.
– Plug one end of the USB cable into the phone’s Charger/Accessory Port and the other end into an electrical outlet. The charge time varies depending upon the battery level.
Note: Your phone’s battery should have enough charge for the phone to turn on and find a signal, run the setup application, set up voicemail, and make a call. You should fully charge the battery as soon as possible.
2. Press and hold the Power/Lock Button to turn the phone on.
– If your phone is activated, it will turn on, search for service, and begin the setup process.
– If your phone is not yet activated, see Activate Your Phone for more information.
Activate Your Phone
Follow the instructions below to activate your phone if it has not already been activated. Depending on your account or how and where you purchased your phone, it may be ready to use or you may need to activate it on your Sprint account.
If you purchased your phone at a Sprint Store, it is probably activated and ready to use.
If you received your phone in the mail and it is for a new Sprint account or a new line of service, it is designed to activate automatically.
When you turn the phone on for the first time, you should see a Hands Free Activation screen, which may be followed by a PRL Update screen and a Firmware Update screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
If you received your phone in the mail and you are activating a new phone for an existing number on your account (you’re swapping phones), you can activate on your computer online or directly on your phone.
Activate on your computer:
Go to sprint.com/activate and complete the online instructions to activate your phone.
Activate on your phone:
Turn on your new phone. (Make sure the old one is turned off.) Your phone will automatically attempt Hands-Free Activation.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Once your phone is activated, you can make phone calls.
1. Touch Home > Phone icon > Dialpad.
2. Use the dialpad to enter a phone number.
If you enter a wrong number, tap backspace to erase digits one by one.
To erase the entire number, touch and hold backspace.
3. Touch Phone icon to dial the number.
Note: Your phone’s battery should have enough charge for your phone to turn on and find a signal, set up your voicemail, and make a call. You should fully charge your battery as soon as possible.
The instructions below explain how to turn your phone on and off.
Turn Your Phone On
Press and hold the Power button.
Turn Your Phone Off
Press and hold the Power button to open the phone options menu. 2.
Touch Power off to turn the phone off.
Your screen remains blank while your phone is off (unless the battery is charging).
Your phone allows you to quickly turn the screen off when not in use and to turn it back on and unlock it when you need it.
Turn the Screen Off When Not in Use
To quickly turn the screen off, press the Power button. Pressing the Power button again or receiving an incoming call will turn on your phone screen and show the lock screen.
To save battery power, the phone automatically turns off the screen after a certain period of time when you leave it idle. You will still be able to receive messages and calls while the phone’s screen is off.
Turn the Screen On and Unlock It
1.To turn the screen on, press the Power button.
2. Touch lock icon and drag it to the outer circle that appears to unlock the screen.
If you have set up a screen lock, you will be prompted to draw the pattern or enter the password or PIN.
Learn how to add, move, or remove items from the home screen.
Add Items to the Home Screen
1. Touch and hold an empty area on a home screen. (If the current home screen doesn’t have room, swipe the screen left or right to display an extended screen.)
2. On the Home screen menu, touch the type of item you want to add and then select the item.
Set wallpaper: Select a wallpaper for the Home screen, the Lock screen, or the Home and lock screens.
Apps and widgets: Add app shortcuts to a home screen, or add widgets such as a clock, calendar, mail, people, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggles, social networking apps, and more.
Folder: Add a folder where you can organize screen items. Add a shortcut to all your contacts, contacts with phone numbers, or starred contacts. Contact details are automatically updated when there are changes in the source.
Page: Add a new blank home page, up to the maximum number of allowable home pages for your phone.
Move or Remove Items on the Home Screen
Touch and hold the item you want to move or remove from the home screen.
To move the item, drag it to a new area and release it.
To remove the item, drag it to the Remove icon at the top of the screen and release it.
If you have a Google Account but have not yet signed in with your phone, follow these instructions to sign in to your Google Account.
1. Touch Home icon > App drawer > Settings > Add account.
2. Touch Google, and then touch Existing.
3. Enter your Gmail username and password, and then touch the Next arrow.
4. After your phone connects with the Google servers, select the items you would like to sync with your phone and then touch Sync now.
5. Touch Finish setup and your phone will synchronize the selected items.
Use your phone to send Gmail messages.
1. Touch Home icon > App drawer > Gmail.
2. In the inbox, touch Compose.
3. Enter the message recipient’s email address in the To field. If you are sending the email message to several recipients, separate the email addresses with a comma. As you enter email addresses, any matching addresses from your contacts list are displayed. Touch a match to enter that address directly.
4. If you want to send a carbon copy (Cc) or a blind carbon copy (Bcc) of the email to other recipients, touch > Add Cc/Bcc.
5. Enter the email subject, and then compose your email.
Note: If you want to attach a picture, touch > Attach picture. Locate and then touch the picture you want to attach.
6. After composing your message, touch Send.
Note: While composing the message, touch > Save as draft to save it as a draft. To view your draft email messages, in the inbox, touch the account name at the top of the screen and then touch Drafts.
Note: To view your sent messages, in the inbox, touch the account name at the top of the screen and then touch Sent.
Note: To open a draft email, in the email account inbox, touch the account name at the top of the screen and then touch Drafts.
Your phone allows you to access, read, and reply to all your Gmail messages.
1. Touch > Apps > Gmail .
2. Touch a message to display it.
Tip: You can also access new messages through the Notifications bar. When a new Gmail message arrives, you’ll see the icon in the Notifications bar. Touch and hold the bar and slide it down to display notifications. Touch a message to display it.
3. To reply to or forward a message, touch Reply to open a reply message. For reply to all or forward, touch > Reply to all, or Forward.
For Reply to all, enter an additional message.
For Forward, enter or select recipients and then enter an additional message.
4. After composing your message, touch Send.
Quickly compose and send text messages on your phone.
To start a Hangout or SMS message:
1. Touch Home icon > App drawer > Hangouts > Plus icon.
2. Start typing a name, email address, or phone number. Matching names and numbers from your contacts appear as you type.
3. Touch the “Send an SMS message” box and then start composing your message.
4. When done, touch Send to send the text message.
When you install apps from Google Play app and use them on your phone, they may require access to your personal information (such as your location, contact data, and more) or access to certain functions or settings of your phone. Download and install only apps that you trust.
1. Touch Home icon > App drawer > Play Store .
2. When you open the Google Play store app for the first time, the Terms of Service window will appear. Touch Accept to continue.
3. Browse through the categories (Apps, Games, Movies & TV, Music, Books, or Magazines), find an app you’re interested in, and touch the name.
Browse through featured apps. Scroll through the list of featured apps when you open Google Play.
Browse apps recommended by Sprint. Touch Apps > Sprint, and then scroll through the list.
Search for an app. Touch search icon on the Google Play home screen, enter the name or type of app you’re looking for, and then touch search icon on the keyboard.
4. Touch an app to read a description about the app and user reviews.
5. Touch Install or Download (for free applications) or Buy (for paid applications).
Note: You need a Google Wallet account to purchase items on Google Play. See Create a Google Wallet Account to set up a Google Wallet account if you do not have one.
6. The subsequent screen notifies you whether the app will require access to your personal information or access to certain functions or settings of your phone. If you agree to the conditions, touch Accept & download (for free apps) or Accept & buy (for paid apps) to begin downloading and installing the app.
If you selected a paid application, after touching OK, you’re redirected to the Google Wallet screen to pay for the application before it’s downloaded to your phone.
There are options for opening an installed app.
Touch Home icon > Apps locate the app, and then touch the icon.
– or –
1. Touch Home icon> Apps > Play Store .
2. Touch Shop icon > My Apps > Installed tab.
3. Touch the app and then touch Open to open it.
You can uninstall any app that you have downloaded and installed from Google Play.
1. Touch Home icon > App drawer > Play Store .
2. Touch Shop icon > My Apps.
3. On the Installed screen, touch the app you want to uninstall, and then touch Uninstall.
4. When prompted, touch OK to remove the app from your phone.
Use the Wireless & networks setting menu to enable your phone’s Wi-Fi radio and connect to an available Wi-Fi network.
1. Touch > Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi.
2. Touch the Wi-Fi slider to turn Wi-Fi on.
3. The network names and security settings (Open or Secured) of detected Wi-Fi networks are displayed in the Wi-Fi networks section.
4. Touch a Wi-Fi network to connect. If you selected an open network, you will be automatically connected to the network. If you selected a network that is secured with a password, enter the password and then touch Connect.
Depending on the network type and its security settings, you may also need to enter more information or choose a security certificate.
When your phone is connected to a wireless network, the Wi-Fi icon () appears in the status bar.
Note: The next time your phone connects to a previously accessed secured wireless network, you will not be prompted to enter the password again, unless you reset your phone to its factory default settings or you instruct the phone to forget the network.
Note: Wi-Fi networks are self-discoverable, which means no additional steps are required for your phone to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may be necessary to provide a user name and password for certain closed wireless networks.