Same Day Return Mail-In Repair Service Available! -
How to Hard Reset your LG Nexus 4 – A User Guide
When on times that you just wanna revert from the start because you installed some apps and it messed up your Nexus 4, you hard reset it.
Here’s how you can hard reset your LG Nexus 4.
POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE
- It is important that you wait a few seconds for your phone to completely and properly shut down.
Enter Recovery Mode
- Go into LG Nexus 4 recovery mode by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons all at the same time.
- Release the power button when LG Nexus 4 Recovery screen shows up.
- Use VOLUME DOWN button to find Recovery mode.
- Use POWER button to select Recovery mode.
- When the Android robot screen comes up, press and hold both POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons to access recovery options.
WIPE DATA, FACTORY RESET
- If you’re already in the main menu, use the POWER button to select WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET.
- Select YES DELETE ALL USER DATA using POWER button to confirm.
WIPE CACHE PARTITION (OPTIONAL)
- If you want to delete app data cache after deleting partition, choose WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
- This can solve problems related to stock and/or installed software.
- Restart your phone by choosing REBOOT SYSTEM NOW just by pressing the POWER button.
SET UP YOUR PHONE
- After hard resetting your LG Nexus 4, you will need to set it up again.