Table of Contents
Microsoft released Commercial Suite for the Hololens
Microsoft’s continued campaign for the Hololens to be business-oriented is taking shape now with the Commercial Suite for enterprise use.
With the rise of VR or virtual reality hardware, Microsoft is ready to release it’s Commercial Suite for enterprise use. The higher price tag of $3000 is quite steep for enthusiasts but the augmented reality visor, the Hololens can provide what the business sector might need in real world applications.
The price, is however, negotiable depending on the bulk of the order.
The HoloLens Commercial Suite features:
- Kiosk mode. With HoloLens kiosk mode, you can limit which apps to run to enable demo or showcase experiences.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens. Your IT department can manage multiple HoloLens devices simultaneously using solutions like Microsoft InTune. You will be able to manage settings, select apps to install and set security configurations tailored to your organization’s need.
- Identity. Azure Active Directory and next generation credentials with PIN unlock.
- Windows Update for Business. Controlled operating system updates to devices and support for long term servicing branch.
- Data security. BitLocker data encryption and secure boot is enabled on HoloLens to provide the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
- Work access. Anyone in your organization can remotely connect to the corporate network through a virtual private network on a HoloLens. HoloLens can also access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
- Windows Store for Business. Your IT department can also set up an enterprise private store, containing only your company’s apps for your specific HoloLens usage. Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected group of enterprise users.
With the premium price, this is what comes inside the box:
- Microsoft HoloLens Development Edition
- Carrying case
- Microfiber cloth
- Micro-USB 2.0 cable