How to Hard Reset your Moto G5 – A User Guide
When on times that you just wanna revert from the start because you installed some apps and it messed up your Moto G5, you hard reset it.
Here’s how you can hard reset your Moto G5.
POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE
- It is important that you wait a few seconds for your phone to completely and properly shut down.
Enter Recovery Mode
- Go into recovery mode by pressing and holding VOLUME UP and POWER buttons all at the same time.
- Release the POWER button when the device powers up.
- Use VOLUME DOWN button to navigate.
- Use VOLUME UP button to select an option in Recovery mode.
WIPE DATA, FACTORY RESET
- If you’re already in the main menu, use the VOLUME button to select WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET.
- Select YES — DELETE ALL USER DATA using POWER button to confirm. Give it time to finish.
WIPE CACHE PARTITION (OPTIONAL)
- If you want to delete app data cache after deleting partition, choose WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
- This can solve problems related to stock and/or installed software.
- Restart your phone by choosing REBOOT SYSTEM NOW just by pressing the POWER button.
SET UP YOUR PHONE
- After hard resetting your Moto G5, you will need to set it up again.