An innovative and easy-to-use notebook with productivity features and applications that can be used at work, in the classroom or at home
Two weeks ago Samsung announced the launch of a new notebook, and just this past weekend Samsung showcased the new hardware at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The Notebook 7 Spin (2018) has pretty much everything you’d expect from a mid-range notebook, but Samsung wants to, at the same time, reiterate and enlighten us on its capabilities with today’s release of a full feature tour.
Notebook 7 Spin (2018) full feature tour
The 360-degree hinge allows for the traditional laptop format, a tablet format, as well as a tent/presentation format, thus making the notebook quite versatile. A fingerprint sensor is uniquely placed on the side of the hardware allowing easy access regardless of the format with which it is being used. Some additional functionality is onboard with a 13.3-inch FHD 10-finger multi-touch display, allowing the use of the trackpad or simply your finger.
The notebook is optimized for extended battery life with a 43Wh battery and features an 8th Generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor. Windows Ink is supported on the device, and a stylus called the Active Pen is sold separately. The keyboard is backlit and it includes curved keycaps for a comfortable typing experience. The device is also equipped with dual far-field microphones to support the Voice Note feature which allows for speech-to-text translation.
Samsung has released a program with the new notebook called Studio Plus which is an iMovie-esque program for video editing and movie creation. Last but not least, Security Folder is Samsung’s iteration of the smartphone Secure Folder feature for the PC.
Watch the full feature tour below and let us know what you think and if you plan on buying by leaving a comment below.
“Our customers wanted a functional, intuitive device that includes a wide range of their favorite features, and that’s what we’ve delivered with the Notebook 7 Spin (2018),” said YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics. “This device meets the needs of today’s digital lifestyle, combining work and play with a smart, seamless and personalized experience that connects users with their other devices.”
At CES 2018, Samsung will showcase the new Notebook 7 Spin (2018) and a variety of features that allow consumers to work wherever, whenever and however they want while staying secure. These features include:
- 360-Degree Rotating Touchscreen – Provides the flexibility to view content as preferred, whether it be as a tablet or as a traditional PC in landscape mode
- Active Pen-enabled – Perfect for attending meetings, conference calls or lectures, the Active Pen (sold separately) lets users create a sketch or jot down notes on the fly
- Secure Fingerprint Log-in – Through simple fingerprint scanning, users can quickly log-in with Windows Hello and keep files more secure in their own Privacy Folder
- Power and Performance – Runs on the Windows 10 operating system and equipped with an Intel i5 processor and 256GB SSD drive that allows for quicker startups and advanced multi-tasking capabilities
- Voice Note – Advanced smart recording featuring an integrated far field microphone to capture every detail of important meetings or lectures, which can be stored and shared easily via Samsung Cloud with up to 15 GB for free with each Samsung account
- Battery– Larger battery capacity to keep users connected throughout the day
- Studio Plus – For users who wish to express their creative side, Studio Plus allows them to produce personalized movies featuring their favorite photos and videos