Same Day Return Mail-In Repair Service Available! -
How to Hard Reset your Galaxy S2 – A User Guide
When on times that you just wanna revert from the start because you installed some apps and it messed up your S2, you hard reset it.
Here’s how you can hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S2.
POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE
- It is important that you wait a few seconds for your phone to completely and properly shut down.
- Remove the back plate and the battery, wait for a few seconds, install back the battery into the device.
Enter Recovery Mode
- Go into Samsung Galaxy S2 recovery mode by pressing and holding VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons all at the same time.
- Release all buttons when Samsung Galaxy S2 screen flickers.
- Release the rest of the buttons when you see an Android warning sign.
- Use VOLUME button to navigate.
- Use POWER button to select an option in Recovery mode.
WIPE DATA, FACTORY RESET
- If you’re already in the main menu, use the POWER button to select WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET.
- Select YES-DELETE ALL USER DATA using POWER button to confirm.
WIPE CACHE PARTITION (OPTIONAL)
- If you want to delete app data cache after deleting partition, choose WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
- This can solve problems related to stock and/or installed software.
- Restart your phone by choosing REBOOT SYSTEM NOW just by pressing the POWER button.
SET UP YOUR PHONE
- After hard resetting your Samsung Galaxy S2, you will need to set it up again.