iPhone Tips: How do I turn off the animations on my iPhone?
Motion sickness on iOS 7 was primarily blamed on the abundance of animations and transitions in iPhones. Luckily, an update brought Reduce Motion to solve it.
If you notice screen movement on your iPhone, you can turn on Reduce Motion to get rid of it. iOS uses motion effects to create the perception of depth on your Home screen and within apps. If you have sensitivity to motion effects or screen movement on your iPhone, you can use Reduce Motion to turn off these effects.
How do I access Reduce Motion
To turn on Reduce Motion:
Go to Settings
Tap the slider for Reduce Motion. Make sure it is turned on.
What happens when Reduce Motion is on
When Reduce Motion is on, certain screen effects change or are disabled on your device, including:
Screen transitions and effects use the dissolve effect instead of zoom or slide effects.
Parallax effect where your wallpaper, apps, and alerts that move or shift slightly as you tilt your device are disabled.
Animation and effects in certain apps are disabled. For example, weather animations in the Weather app.
When Auto-play Message Effects is on, bubble effects and full-screen effects play automatically. You can turn this feature off and manually play the effect. Just tap under the message.
If you have an iPad Pro (10.5-inch) or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), learn how to limit the frame rate of your display.
People Also Asked – Check out our other iPhone Tips
- iPhone Tips: How to restore iPhone from a backup
- iPhone Tips: How to back up your iPhone
- iPhone Tips: How to fix a broken Home button
- iPhone Tips: How to fix iPhone that won’t connect to WiFi
- iPhone Tips: How to fix an iPhone with “No Service”
- iPhone Tips: Don’t use solvents to clean your iPhone screen
- iPhone Tips: How do I turn on night mode on iPhone
- iPhone Tips: How do I turn off the animations on my iPhone
- iPhone Tips: How do you record gameplays on iPhone
- iPhone Tips: How to do screen recording with audio