The Alcatel IDOL 5, Exclusively from Cricket Wireless, Offers the Premium Features You Want at a Fraction of the Price of Today’s Big Brand Smartphones
Table of Contents
Why pay $800 or more for a premium smartphone with an excellent camera and sound system, when you can enjoy premium features in a smartphone that costs less than $200? College students, budding professionals and young couples will find all the entertainment they want, with all the features they need, in the new Alcatel IDOL 5 smartphone – available exclusively at Cricket-branded stores or at cricketwireless.com beginning October 27, 2017 for $199.
Premium Features at a Value Price
The Alcatel IDOL 5 offers a powerful entertainment experience and premium design in a value-packed Android smartphone. Featuring a spacious 5.2″ Full HD display with dual front-facing speakers, the Alcatel IDOL 5 is perfect for viewing videos and listening to music. The IDOL 5 also comes virtual-reality ready for you to enjoy 360° viewing, socializing and gaming experiences.
The powerful Octa-Core processor and 4G LTE speed of the Cricket network, combined with the fast-charging battery, lets you stay connected throughout the day. Enjoy added convenience features, like the reversible display, Android 7.0 Nougat with Google Assistant, NFC for mobile payments, and the Alcatel-exclusive NOW key that instantly launches your most commonly-used apps – combined to provide all you ever wanted, all in one phone.
Why the IDOL 5 is the hottest deal in wireless
- All the features and familiarity of Android™ 7.0 Nougat – Enjoy the convenience of having your very own personal assistant in the palm of your hand, thanks to Google Assistant. With NFC support in the IDOL 5, you can also enjoy features like the convenience and security of Android Pay.
- Portable Entertainment System – The Alcatel IDOL 5’s crisp, clear and vibrant full-HD display offers an immersive viewing experience. Dual front-facing speakers provide exceptional sound when viewing your favorite TV shows and videos, and listening to music on Alcatel’s exclusive music app. Alcatel Music is integrated with Deezer from Cricket (subscription sold separately) to give you access to millions of tracks at your fingertips, and on-screen lyrics so you can sing along to your favorite song2.
- Timeless Design – Sleek and sophisticated, the IDOL 5 is encased in a metal body with high-polished aluminum edges, wrapped around curved Corning® Gorilla® Glass, for a timeless yet durable look and feel.
- Extra Sharp Photos and Videos with New Camera Modes – Take the perfect picture the first time with enhanced sensors, extra-large pixels, image stabilization, LED flash on both front and back cameras, and new camera modes. Get everyone in the shot with the IDOL 5 Panorama Selfie, and never miss a movement with Slo-Mo video that slows down hard-to-capture subjects. Cinemagraph adds subtle motion to still photos, and the Video Story app combines favorite moments with background music.
- Fast-charging with Pump Express™ by MediaTek® – Stay powered up when you are on the go with Pump Express+™ 2.0, which cuts in half the time it takes to charge your IDOL 5.3
- Virtual Reality (VR) Ready – The Alcatel IDOL 5 is optimized for VR, pre-loaded with VR Home and VR Store apps that provide easy access to some of the best VR videos, apps and games available today. Pair the IDOL 5 with Alcatel’s UNI360 VR Goggles (sold separately) and experience a full suite of premium 360⁰ entertainment experiences made portable and ready to enjoy. Added features like on-screen call and message notifications, pass-through camera to see your surroundings while still wearing your VR goggles, and VR Cinema to watch any 2D movie you own, through the goggles will make you never want to leave your virtual world. Ski the Alps, take in a concert, walk the red carpet, or get right in the action of your favorite game, all from your living room.
Explore Virtual Worlds with Alcatel UNI360™ VR Goggles (Sold Separately)
Also coming to Cricket on October 27 are the universal Alcatel UNI360™ VR goggles, optimized for use with IDOL 5 but compatible with other VR capable smartphones with 5 – 6-inch displays. Featuring high quality lenses with a 120 degree field of view, comfortable padding, conveniently placed navigation buttons and a comfortable headstrap, the UNI360 VR Googles provide an immersive and fun VR experience you are sure to enjoy. UNI360 VR Goggles are sold separately for $49.99.
Another Cricket Wireless Exclusive
The Alcatel IDOL 5 will only be available at Cricket, where data access and unlimited calling, text and messaging to and from, and in and between, the U.S., Mexico and Canada are included in $50/mo and higher plans4.
For more on Cricket’s monthly rate plans, special pricing and product lineup, go to CricketWireless.com or visit a Cricket-branded store near you.
About Cricket Wireless
Cricket is bringing consumers more value with a simple, friendly, and reliable nationwide wireless experience with no annual contract. The power of Cricket is our nationwide 4G LTE network that covers more than 319 million people; easy and affordable plans prices that include monthly taxes; and a great selection of phones customers love. Cricket, Something to Smile About. To check out the new Cricket or find a store near you, visit cricketwireless.com. Learn more on the Cricket newsroom and blog. And connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. Coverage not available everywhere. © 2017 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.
1 Based on overall coverage in U.S. Compatible device required. Coverage not available everywhere. 4G LTE coverage is not equivalent to overall network coverage
2 Not available for all songs.
3 As compared to conventional charging without Pump Express compatibility.
4 Calls and messages from the U.S. to the Northern Territories of Canada not included. See https://www.cricketwireless.com/mexico-and-canada-roaming-plans.html for details.