Table of Contents
- 1 Why does my iPhone run out of battery so fast? Simple Remedies
- 1.1 Here are some basic, simple and fast remedies if your iPhone’s battery is draining faster than usual. Read on and try it out.
Why does my iPhone run out of battery so fast? Simple Remedies
Here are some basic, simple and fast remedies if your iPhone’s battery is draining faster than usual. Read on and try it out.
Limit Push Mail
- Go to Settings -> Accounts & Passwords -> Fetch New Data.
- Turn off Push at the top.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Every 15 Minutes under Fetch.
- Tap on each individual email account and, if possible, change it to Fetch.
Turn Off Location Services
- Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services.
- Tap Share My Location. If you want to be able to share your location with your family and friends in the Messages app, then leave this on, but be careful: If someone wanted to track you, this is how they’d do it.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap System Services.
- Turn off Location Services for apps that don’t need to know where you are.
Don’t Send your iPhone Analytics
- Go to Settings -> Privacy, scroll to the bottom.
- Open Analytics.
- Turn off the switch next to Share iPhone Analytics and Share iCloud Analytics to stop your iPhone from automatically sending data to Apple about how you use your iPhone.
Close All Apps
Double-click the Home Button and you’ll see the iPhone app switcher. The app switcher allows you to see all the apps that are stored in the memory of your iPhone. To browse through the list, swipe left or right with your finger. I bet you’ll be surprised by how many apps are open!
To close an app, use your finger to swipe up on the app and push it off the top of the screen. Now you’ve really closed the app and it can’t drain your battery in the background. Closing out your apps never deletes data or causes any negative side-effects – it can only help you get better battery life.
Minimize Visual Effects
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Reduce Motion and tap the switch to turn it on.